Taste of Pinellas 2014
Taste of Pinellas is a food and music festival produced by Bill Edwards Presents Inc. that benefits All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL. The event, scheduled annually for more than 26 years, was postponed in 2013 and is back in full force this year!
Over the years, Taste of Pinellas has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for All Children's, the most advanced children's hospital on Florida's west coast.
With 259 beds and more than 50 pediatric specialties, All Children's Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, is a leading provider of care for Florida's children. It is dedicated to advancing children's health through treatment, research, education and advocacy.
This year's Taste, scheduled Friday and Saturday, May 9-10, brings an updated combination of local food, celebrity headliners, music and family fun to an all-new venue - Albert Whitted Park in downtown St. Petersburg. The park is located across the street from The Mahaffey Theater and Dali Museum.
- Festival is open to all ages.
- General Admission Adult Ticket: $22.50 advance and $25 at the gate. Purchase advance tickets online, from local Rally stores, the gift shop at All Children's Hospital or The Mahaffey Theater Box Office.
- Children under 12 are free in General Admission if accompanied by a paying adult; one child per adult.
- VIP Ticket: There are a limited number VIP seating tickets ($75 per day) available online for Friday. A VIP ticket includes premier seating in a designated area, VIP hospitality area with complimentary beverages, snacks and food samplings and access to VIP restrooms.
- Advance tickets are available online at Ticketmaster.com until 11 p.m. the day prior to the show day. On the day of the event, tickets will be available for purchase at The Mahaffey Theater Box Office, 400 First St. S, St. Petersburg.
- Gates will open at 3:30 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday. Fireworks are scheduled at 10 p.m. The park will be cleared and closed by 11 p.m.
- Rain or shine
- Re-entry will be allowed.
- ATM will be on-site.
- Identification Stations: People 21 years old and older will be carded and wristbanded in order to purchase alcohol at the event site. Wristbands will be void if tampered with or removed.
- Tickets for draught beer will also be available for purchase at the identification stations. Food, water, and soda products will be cash only. Note that some food vendors may be accepting debit and credit cards.
- The free Family Fun Zone at The Mahaffey Theater Plaza is open from 3:30-8:30 p.m. Friday and 3-8:30 p.m. Saturday.
- There is no boat anchoring offshore at the festival site. Offshore areas will be patrolled.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Taste of Pinellas will feature over 20 restaurants and other food vendors. Water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Please check the website closer to the event for restaurant details. Participating restaurants and food vendors include:
- 400 Beach Seafood and Tap House, St. Petersburg
- 1200 Chophouse, St. Pete Beach
- Babycake Cupcakes, Largo
- Central Avenue Oyster Company, St. Petersburg
- Crabby Bill's, Indian Rocks Beach
- Daiquiri Shak Raw Bar & Grille, Madeira Beach
- Fresh Go, St. Petersburg
- Hahn's Kettle Corn
- The Hangar, St. Petersburg
- The Hideaway Café, St. Petersburg
- Hooker Tea Co., St. Petersburg
- Island Flavors and Tings, Gulfport
- Jackie's on Corey, St. Pete Beach
- Madfish, St. Pete Beach
- Mickey's Snack, St. Petersburg
- Parkshore Grill, St. Petersburg
- Pipo's Café, St. Petersburg
- Quality Seafood
- Screwie Louie's Bar & Grille, Madeira Beach
- Sea Breeze Island Grill, Redington Shores
- Sikorski Deli
- Snappers Sea Grill, St. Pete Beach
- St. Pete Concessions, St. Petersburg
- Stefano's Gelato
What is the cost range for food?
Estimated $2 to $12
Do we purchase food with food tickets?
No tickets are needed. Food vendors will accept cash. Some restaurants may accept credit cards.There will be an ATM on-site.
What's The Lineup?
Friday headliners are Loverboy, Bruce Hornsby and The Noisemakers and Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo . Saturday's are KC and The Sunshine Band and The Blues Brothers starring Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi.
The full lineup:
|4 p.m.||T. C. Carr & Bolts of Blue|
|6:30 p.m.||Bruce Hornsby and The Noisemakers|
|8:30 p.m.||Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo|
|3:30 p.m.||Dan Orlando Band|
|5 p.m.||The Black Honkeys|
|6:30 p.m.||KC and the Sunshine Band|
|8:15 pm.||The Blues Brothers|
Will there be merchandise to purchase from the musicians?
You will be able to purchase merchandise from the various musical groups. Merchandise will vary and may include CDs, T-shirts, etc. and will be sold during their day and show time. Taste of Pinellas 2014 event T-shirts will also be available for purchase. Merchandise sales will be cash only.
Will there be signings or meet-and-greets?
Is there parking near the festival site?
There are designated city garage and remote parking lots in a number of areas around downtown St. Petersburg and a free shuttle service that will pick you up and bring you back to specific locations.
On-site bicycle parking is available. Bicycles may be parked on the colonnade, next to the parking garage in between the Mahaffey Theater and Dali Museum. Locks are not provided.
A limited number of ADA accessible parking spaces are available in the Dali parking lot. Parking will be permitted to those with placards only.
What about the free shuttle and stops?
The St. Petersburg Trolley is providing a bus equipped with a wheelchair lift and a mini bus to transport people to and from the Taste of Pinellas festival. Service hours are Friday, May 9 from 3-11:30 p.m. and Saturday, May 10 from 2:30-11:30 p.m. Pick up is approximately every 10 minutes.
Shuttle stops are:
- Progress Energy Park/Al Lang Field parking lot: east side of First Street just south of First Avenue S)
- Sundial (formerly BayWalk) parking garage: east side of First Street mid-block between First Avenue N and Second Avenue N
- Bayshore Drive: west side of Bayshore Drive just north of The Mahaffey Theater
CANS AND CAN NOTS
What am I allowed to bring?
- Low backfolding chairs
- Towel or blanket to sit on
- Backpack and/or purse; subject to bag check at entry gate
- Cell phone
- Outside food and beverages
- Pets (service animals are permitted)
- Tarps, tents or flags
- Professional recording equipment
- Professional cameras
- Stuffed animals
Do you need volunteers to help at Taste of Pinellas?
Anyone interested in volunteering should email their contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there designated ADA parking area and access to the festival?
Yes. There will be ADA parking near the Taste of Pinellas site. ADA parking for both days will be in the South Bay area of The Mahaffey Theater parking garage
Will there be a designated Wheelchair Seating area?
Is there a site festival map with restaurant locations and bathrooms?
A festival map will be coming soon to this website and will include General Event Information Tent, restaurant tents, bathrooms, First Aid and Lost and Found locations.
Where do I go if I need help at the festival?
Go to the General Event Information Tent.
What happens if I or someone with me gets hurt?
There will be a First Aid/Emergency Station on site.
Will there be a Lost and Found for people and items?
Yes. The location will be determined and will be on the festival site map.
What hotel accommodations are there?
There are several downtown hotels nearby the Albert Whitted Park festival site. Please check Visit St. Petersburg Clearwater's website (www.visitstpeteclearwater.com) for hotel information and booking.
Where can I get more information about Taste of Pinellas?
Please email email@example.com or call 727.343.1840.